Hello! We are RE-UP and this is our weekly collection of fun and fab, facts. This week, we got into the Halloween spirit of consumerism and found out you can buy mattresses for $150k….
- This year Americans were projected to spend over $3billion on Halloween. – Bill
- The Spam factory in North America only requires 13 people to operate it! – Lynn
- 36 is the number of barrels of gunpowder Guy Fawkes put in the cellars of the Houses of Parliament in 1605. Myriam
- When Twister was introduced in 1966, it was denounced by critics as “sex in a box.” – Krish
- A rumour says that it’s thanks to a Breitling chronograph watch that Swiss policemen were finally able to control the speed of cars – Laurent
- An Hastens Vividus mattress will set you off $150,000 – the price of a Mercedes AMG GTS or a Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Day-Date & Power Reserve watch. Assuming you will keep it for 25 years and sleep 8 hours a night…. Sleeping on a Swedish Hastens Vividus will cost you $2 / hour – Pierre
- Slots machines in the US make more money than baseball, films and theme parks… combined – Cécile