Welcome to the latest edition of Heads-Up. Our weekly does of sweet, cool and sometimes, down right weird facts. This week the team learnt about growing baby names and the rise of the Islamic clothing market.
- Most wrist pieces advertised on TV have their hands set to 10 minutes past 10, to form a smiley face, making the watch more desirable to buy. But of course, Apple has to be different – they set the hands to 10.09. – Krish
- In 1956, 5 megabytes (5MB) of data weighed a ton. – Myriam
- In 2012, at least 17 newborn girls were named Siri. – Kirit
- The voices of Mickey and Minnie Mouse – Wayne Allwine and Russi Taylor – married each other in real life. – Lynn
- According to the 2015-2016 State of the Global Islamic Economy Report, Muslim consumers spend an estimated $230bn on clothing, a number that is projected to grow to $327bn by 2019 – larger than the current combined clothing markets of the UK ($107bn), Germany ($99bn) and India ($96bn). – Laurent
- 2017 will mark the first time digital ad spending surpasses TV ad spending. According to eMarketer, TV ad spending will total $72.01 billion, while digital ad spending will climb to $77.37 billion. – Maïa
- LVMH (the company that owns everything from Louis Vuitton to Verve Cliquiot) are the most value company in France, they passed energy giant Total SA in May… Turns out fashion pays. – Bill